Sunday, August 10, 2008

I Met Samuel L. Jackson Last Friday

So I'm sitting in this common area at my school, Union Theological Seminary, known as the pit last Friday night. I was studying at the time and a wedding was going on at the school's chapel. Somebody walked up to me and asked where the bathroom was. I looked up and it was Samuel L. Jackson. Normally when someone asks me where the bathroom is I say, "down the hall, take a left and it's on your right." This time, I said, "Holy $#!%." You gotta understand, it's not everyday someone asks you for directions, you look up and its Samuel L. Jackson. So I say, "Holy $#!%," and he goes, "it's just a question." I come to and tell him where the bathroom is and go back to studying.

What does this have to do with baseball? Well, I'm guessing that the Yankees also ran into Samuel L. Jackson recently, in a similarly unexpected manner. They, unlike me, were unable to overcome the initial shock quickly which explains their recent performances. Expect them to continue to play craptacular baseball until they come to.

Had I kept my wits about me, I would've asked Sam (I call him Sam now since we're good buddies and all) if he'd do an interview for the blog. I missed my chance. However, I assume he reads the blog and so, Sam, you should feel free to contact us to set up an interview. Any time buddy.

16 comments:

Bucky7588 said...

my dad met reggie jackson once...my dad said he was a big yankees fan, blah blah, and jackson just blew him off. this just in, jackson is full of himself.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

never met Reggie, but he was full of himself in the 70s, wouldn't surprise me if he still was.

Anonymous said...

dude shoulda got his autograph, or took a picture with him or something! haha

Fred Trigger said...

getting an interview for the blog would have been mad gangster. I cannot say I am mad for you not asking, just....dissapointed.

Anonymous said...

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee (A-Rod).

Unknown said...

do u think he was a guest at the wedding?

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

He was a guest at the wedding. I don't believe in autographs and since he was a guest at a wedding, which could be a personal thing (I can't be sure), I didn't want to harass him for a cell phone photo. I just wish I'd thought to ask for that interview, but by the time I thought of it my choice was to walk into a wedding wearing my gym shorts and a yankees t-shirt and try to find Samuel Jackson. Something tells me someone would have tried to stop me, and I would've punched them, and then a whole crazy fight breaks out with grenades and rocket launchers and the whole wedding would've been ruined. So I'm glad I didn't try that.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

I also saw the guy who played the gay mobster in the Sopranos yesterday walking down 7th Ave between 42nd and 34th street. But that's not nearly as interesting.

Anonymous said...

The only interesting thing in the past 10 days is the little girl in pink who almost cry in joy over Jeter's homer.

Anonymous said...

i hate kids baseball fans.

Roberto E. Alejandro said...

wow anonymous. wow.

Unknown said...

that was me. i didn't mean to be anonymous. it was just that google was not working when i did it. i am simply jealous because i did not have chance to see any games when i was a kid. and i know i literally memorized every single word of the official rulebook when i was 10.. i see a lot of kids who do not even care about baseball at the ball game.. that makes me mad. that is why i still cannot go to the game with people who don't know the baseball rule. even if you are 7, you have to know the rule if you go. yup. i am pathetic.

Anonymous said...

Talk about childhood trauma!

Fernando Alejandro said...

Kkmatsu, that makes more sense. The first comment seemed so out of place, but then the explanation brought it all together.

Unknown said...

nah. that dose not change the fact i am a mean ugly met fan.

Anonymous said...

by the way, if you would go in the wedding and a whole rumble starts, you would'nt stand a chance against the mighty ol' samuel L JACKSON.
"i have had it with this mothafuckin gangsta, in this mothafuckin WEDDING!